Good news everyone! After one week of testing we now proudly release our Version 1.3 of iBuntu Catalinux.
It comes with the following features:
- Include all Kernel and Software Updates from Ubuntu 18.04.5 with Kernel 5.4.0-42
- Including common Drivers for WLan-Sticks RTL8812BU and RTL8812AU for out-of-the-box WiFi-Support of most WLan-Sticks
- iBuntu Update Tool completely integrated in Catalinux
- Balena Etcher integrated and preinstalled
- Stacer will be loaded as System Monitor at Startup
- Removed unnecessary Extensions “Show Desktop” and “Trash in Panel”
- Integrate Unite-Extension to give the panel a bit more mac-look
- Integrate “Show Applications” Extension as fallback if plank would crash
- Make Password entry of sudo-password show Asterisks
- BigSur Design available through Deskmode Switcher
Unfortunately we couldn’t implement the elementary Switchboard like we announced last week in our news blog – it was a test and we gave it a shot but it didn’t work bugfree and we didn’t want to reinvent the wheel here so we decided we stick with the gnome standard settings tool.
We also integrated the Big Sur Design-Templates and made them available to easy select them with a new version of our Deskmode-Switcher. But we won’t officially support them since the “real” Big Sure Feeling we will give you with our new Version 2.0 “Lix Nur” (or “Lix Sur” we haven’t finally decided the name yet) which will be based up on KDE. But for all of you who liked our stable iBuntu based on Gnome and Ubuntu 18.04 so far but also would like to have at least a glimpse of Version 2-feeling we decided we will bring you these new designs available in Catalinux also but like I said totally unsupported.
Here is how Catalinux will look with Big Sur Design activated:
I hope you all will enjoy this new Release of iBuntu – if so than spread the word 🙂
So long and thanks for all the fish